The detail information about the school

At the first day i went to the school, i was accompanied by Ajarn Pueng (a lecture from my home university) to meet the coordinator in the school and my mentor. At that time, i just observed the class of my mentor, her name is Ajarn Koy (Ajarn means teacher) in Mattayom / grade 1/3 and 2/3. She taught about grammar and I just observed the environment ther. After that, she introduced me with other Foreign Teacher from Hawai, Japan, Holland and so on. She also introduced me to other teacher and staffs. In the afternoon, I observed one of foreign teachers from Hawai. His name is Mr. Loreal. In that class, the teacher taught about the name of the things in house and I found the unique characteristics of Mr. Loreal, that is he always use flash card to collect the vocabulary from the students. Every day he gives the name of the things in the house or something, and the students should give the meaning of the things to make sure that the students understand the words. In other side of paper, the students should draw what they are imagine with the meaning. I think it is very unique and so good because the students will understand the word by themselves and can enjoy the class. 

There are at least three Thai English teacher that i found in my school. The name of my school is Wat Phrasrimahadhat Secondary Demonstration School of Phranakhon Rajabhat University. The Thai teacher for English major there usually teach about grammar and reading, and for the foreign teacher, they usually teach about speaking and listening. All of their method are different. All of the foreign teacher always use media and textbook for teaching and all of the time they use English in the class, but one of the foreign teacher from Phillipine, the name is Mr. Rudyl, he can speak Thai too, so the student in his class also can understand the material that he give. And for the Thai teacher, they always use the textbook and sometimes they speak English at the first, the they speak Thai to make it clear and make the students understand the material. 

In the school, i just observed the class for two days and after that my mentor gave me the schedule for teaching and she asked me to make a lesson plan and media for teaching. At that time, I told to her that the rules from SEAMEO is just like : the first week is observation, the second week is Teacher Assistant, the third week is teaching and the last week is reflection. But she did not follow the rules, so i tried to make a lesson plan and media for teaching in the first week i went to the school. My mentor gave me the material about reading comprehension and she gave me the textbook, the topic was about “Dancing Plant” and I taught the mattayom 2 (grade 8). At the first time, i did not do the teaching well because the preparation was not good, so i tried to improve my skills better and tried to know more about the students. My mentor gave me the schedule for teaching only on Monday and Tuesday from the morning until evening and I taught all of the class in M.2 from M.2/1-M.2/4. If I have no class for teaching, i just observed the class in M.1 and M.2 both of Thai teacher and Foreign teacher. I also assisted my mentor in week two and week three for teaching and control the students who have the test. I have the evaluation day in week three on 8th of February 2018 at M.2/3 with my mentor and my supervisor from the university. 

The school there is from Monday until Friday (5-day school). The lesson start from 8.30-16.30. Every morning they hold the ceremony at 7.45 until 8.15. The school also have the “milk time” at 10 o’clock, the students and the teacher can get the free milk that provide beside the classroom building and they can get the milk whatever they want. Because the school is different from the school in Indonesia, that is the Junior high school students and Senior high school students in one school, the time for break is also different. The break time for junior high is between 11.20 am until 12.10 pm, while for the senior high is between 12.10 pm until 13.00 pm. Eventhough they have to back to their home at 16.30, but for the class who already done the lesson, they can go home. 

The major that the school have is quite unique because it is different from Indonesia. The school have two majors from Senior high school students. That are Science-Math, English-Math, English-Japanese, English-Chinese. Meanwhile, in Indonesia, the major just only about Social, Science and Languages. For the students in Junior high school, they just have the Intensive English Program for their major. The total students in Wat Phrasrimahadhat Secondary Demonstration School is 936 students divided into 12 class for Junior high and 9 class for Senior high. All of the facilities in the school is so complete and interesting. They have some laboratory for students like Science laboratory and Language laboratory for their practicum. The school also have a library that always update their books. So the students will not worry about the newest book that they want to read. For the old book, the school give that books to the place that need. The school have one canteen and there is halal food also, two classroom building, laboratory building, computer laboratory, field and also lake for make the students close to nature. 

I got so many experiences from my teaching in Wat Phrasrimahadhat Secondary Demonstration School. I become more mature, improve my skills, to be patient, and to be independent. I will thanks to SEAMEO and my Home University (University Muhammadiyah of Purwokerto) that give me the chance to follow this event. Im so lucky and thankful that I had have so many great experiences to follow this SEA-Teacher event in Thailand for one month. I got so many experiences and improvement from this event. I hope what I got from this event can be useful for me and for people around me. Eventhough I got the sad story, happy story, feel homesick, lonely and so on. But i realized that this is the very first time for me to go abroad. I just wanna give the suggestion for my Receiving University (PNRU) that for next batch, I hope there is no teacher student that sent to the school alone. I really know the feeling how can I share my experience and faced my problem by myself without others, it is so difficult and sad. Because there are two boys that sent to other school and it is make me jealous. It will be better if the University divide the teacher students fairly. I hope the next event (SEA-Teacher batch 6) will be better than this and the teacher students really enjoy all of the activities and can pass their job perfectly.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

My activities from Day Twelve until end :)

Forth day until sixth day activities :)